a lot of my finds tend to be during road trips. this one caught my eye in particular because i saw a for sale sign in front of it. i accidentally passed it, then decided to make a u-turn and i'm glad i did.
1. the exterior was pretty stunning, i liked how the stone wall, baby blue wall, and red brick compliment each other.
a car pulled up behind me while i was shooting and the person got out to ask what i was doing there. i explained that i saw the house was for sale, thought it was interesting, and turns out he was the owner and he said that the second floor caught fire. he said the land is actually already sold and going to be demo'd soon, but he was nice enough to let me take pictures, saying that if i enter the house, it's at my own risk.
2. the front entrance
3. baby blue wall
4. the living room with the fireplace in the back
5-7. here are some shots of the kitchen. the wallpaper peeling was kinda cool to see, as well as the woodwork of the cabinets
8-11. my favorite find in the explore. i got so excited when i saw the piano. maybe it has to do with me playing piano since i was just a kid and loving music. makes me a little sad to see a piano in this condition, but sure was exciting to find. i definitely took way too many shots as i have much more edited that i won't be posting
12. knowing that the house had burnt through and there were holes in the ceiling, i decided to carefully explore the second floor
13. there was a bathroom as soon as i walked upstairs. everything is black and charred
14. a view looking at the staircase from the same bathroom
15. this is the general upstairs area that connects to two rooms and another bathroom on the right not shown
16. detail shot of a light on the ground
17. the other bathroom upstairs
18. the less burnt room (on the right of shot 15)
19-21. the more burnt room. i could see the outside the balcony and the orchards outside. i was a bit startled when i heard some rustling, but it turned out to just be a cat walking around upstairs.
22. one look down the stairs before i left
23. one last look at the house before i left. really could see how open the balcony area was and how much was burnt