The Lone Star Brewery was built on Jones Avenue in San Antonio Texas in 1904, with Adolph Busch as first President. It was closed in 1918 due to proibition but was reopened on Mission Road in 1933 and produced beer under the "Sabinas" brand name that was later renamed to "Champion" beer. In 1940 the name was changed from the Champion Brewing Company to Lone Star Brewing Company.
The tenth and largest expansion of the Lone Star Brewing Company was initiated in 1959 with the acquisition of the Progress Brewing Company in Oklahoma City. Lone Star operated that plant until it sold in 1973 to the Oklahoma League for the Blind. By the end of the fifties decade, Lone Star had gained the reputation as the World's Most Beautiful Brewery.
In 1976 the Lone Star Brewery was acquired by Olympia Brewing Company of Tumwater, Washington. The G. Heileman Company of LaCrosse, Wisconsin acquired Olympia and Lone star in 1983. In 1996 the G. Heileman Company was acquired by Stroh Brewery Company which closed the San Antonio brewery. In 1999 the Pabst Brewing Company purchased the Lone Star brand and moved the Lone Star production to the Pearl Brewery in San Antonio.