A one of a kind sanatorium, with a big tower and boiler house, long corridors, and ill patients.
24 hour guard
goodies are behind locked doors.
Built: 1896 Closed: 0
camera, good looking cloth.
The "Soeur de la Providence" took a piece of land in 1868 with the idea of building a vast santorium in the country. In 1890 a fire razed the whole complex, temporary buildings were built right away to continue the health care.
In 1896 new drawings were made to build a vast sanatorium hospital, the biggest in Canada, the plans were somewhat similar to the kirkbride style with a main building and wings going from both side.
The new building would be state of the art with full steel structure, brick flooring, wide kitchen, ceramic tiles, a small tramway would be drove through a tunnel to reach both side of the hospital, steel staircases, a central boiler room, electricity lightning, water hydrolic elevators, moved by the pressure of the water tower, more than 1500 patients would be taken care of in the building.
Will continue to receive psychitatric patients for a long time.