Located at the baltic coast, pretty much in the middle of Sweden, this sulfite factory was abandoned in 1984. Founded in 1907, up to 250 people were employed in the production of cellulose in the 1930s. Ten years later, the demand declined, so that the factory changed the production into chemical products. In the following years the area was completely contaminated. Above all, large quantities of arsenic have poured into the ground. Demolition and decontamination of the site is already planned.