|Last fall, my wife and I flew to Virginia for her cousin's wedding. We had a full day to explore before the ceremony, and managed to locate an elementary school that had been abandoned since the early 1980s (according to the folks sitting outside the general store across the street). |
The place had a wonderfully creepy vibe, and the little bit of sunlight trying to peek through the gathering clouds made for some eerie lighting that added to the mood. This place was a great find.
1. Windows along the front of the school.
2. The main entrance.
3. Too large to be a classroom - maybe an activity room of some kind?
4. There's something about an old broken piano that just speaks to me.
5. Different angle on the same room.
6. The main hallway.
7. Girls bathroom - the boys room was inaccessible due to debris blocking the door.
8. Some kind of storage room.
9. Another large room whose purpose we couldn't determine.
10. Looking back down the hallway.
11. This appeared to be an office or administrative area.
12. End of the line, looking back at where we started.
[last edit 8/8/2018 1:54 PM by trailerparkjesus81 - edited 1 times]
|Great pics!!!! Thank you! |
|Posted by Alpine7840|
Great pics!!!! Thank you!
|We stopped by here last year. There were actually a few better shots than I expected when we first pulled up. We had some super harsh light as we got there around mid day. This place was used as an old folks home for a while after it closed, which is why you see the hospital beds, bedpans, etc. in some of the rooms.|
|Sheesh, that place has not aged gracefully. Great shots though, front entrance shot is my favorite of the bunch. I'm surprised at the lack of graffiti.|
|Those are some beautiful pictures! If you don't mind me asking where is this place at? I'm new to urban exploring and I would love to check it out. I'm having a hard time finding places in Virginia that are still there. |
|Posted by ksmg123|
Those are some beautiful pictures! If you don't mind me asking where is this place at? I'm new to urban exploring and I would love to check it out. I'm having a hard time finding places in Virginia that are still there.
Virginia is loaded with places. The best way to find them is to just go look. Drive around and scout.
|Very nice set of photos ! |
|I gotta find this place... love the way nature is taking over |
And to think "Chad" isn't even my real name.
|Absolutely majestic. The slow and inevitable death by nature...is it still there? |
Into the Fray