|Bishop Street Post Office, which was opened in 1935, is built from coarse-grained De Lank granite from Cornwall. In 1954 this was the first provincial post office in Britain to be equipped with a machine that informed parcel senders the postage to any part of world.|
The four-storey 1930s building in Bishop Street has stood empty – costing the taxpayer £30,000 a year – since it was bought by Leicester City Council for £1.4 million in 2008.
there was talk it was to be converted into student flats, because leic's needs more of those :rolleyes:
visited with most of the Leics crew in our masks and hoodies emblazoned with our names on...
aint that the truth...
more of flickr
|Great set! Love the woodwork! |
"When it rains, just find bigger drains."
|Fantastic pictures of what look like a really neat building! |
Add a poll to this thread
This thread is one of your Favourites. Click to make normal.Click to make this thread a Favourite.
|This thread is currently Public. Anyone, including search engines, may see it. |
Powered by AvBoard AvBoard version 1.5 alpha
Page Generated In: 31 ms