Ok. So I finally got some intel on the house at the corner of Plessis and Grassie from a relative who spoke directly with someone who frequents the property. Here is what they found out:
- The property at 2110 Plessis road is not abandoned.
- There is an elderly woman who lives there.
- The woman is the original landowner.
- She has children who visit her from time to time.
- Her husband passed away just a few years ago.
I drove by the property on Sunday night and it really looks abandoned and then some, but low and behold there was a light on in the building closest to the corner. It is fascinating to me, and also makes me realize how boring it can get in the middle of winter in Winnipeg, hahaha.
I have been on a few explorations this winter in south-western rural Manitoba, but nothing worth sharing really. If someone is heading out to explore any abandoned sites in Winnipeg and does not mind having me tag along please let me know.
Attached are screenshots from Google Earth of the property at the corner of Plessis and Grassie.
Have a good winter!