new posts
UER Store
location db
db map
terms of service
privacy policy

UER Forum > UE Encyclopedia > Haikyo (Viewed 2798 times)
Entry: Haikyo
originally posted by Steed

[last edit 8/13/2015 2:01 PM by zephyrbadge - edited 1 times]

The Japanese word commonly used for urban exploration. In Kanji, it's 廃墟. The first symbol means "abandoned" and the second one means "place."

It is commonly found spraypainted on abandoned buildings in Japan and has become synonymous with UE there.

In Japan, haikyo is a popular activity with dedicated magazines, books, and even TV shows. A Google search of the term either in English or Hanja will bring up numerous hits.
Modify this entry  | Remove this entry
UER Forum > UE Encyclopedia > Haikyo (Viewed 2798 times)

Add a poll to this thread

This thread is in a public category, and can't be made private.

All content and images copyright 2002-2018 UER.CA and respective creators. Graphical Design by Crossfire.
To contact webmaster, or click to email with problems or other questions about this site: UER CONTACT
View Terms of Service | View Privacy Policy | Server colocation provided by Beanfield
This page was generated for you in 62 milliseconds. Since June 23, 2002, a total of 559062780 pages have been generated.