Been meaning to post these to separate threads since April but things got ahead of me so please enjoy this dump of some selected photos from some of my favorite places I've visited lately.
1. Started off at City Meth, first urbex location I've visited. A bit cliche but nonetheless a really cool building, thinking about doing a history post about this place.
2. More CM.
4. Capped off the day with a trip by the dunes. Scooby Doo fog.
5. Later on I visited DS solo. Lots of security for some reason, couldn't get too close to the main complex for fear of being spotted by security.
6. More DS.
11. Next up is HM High School in Gary. Lots to see, we were going to check out a hospital nearby but spent so much time at the school we had to cut the stop. It's huge, highly recommend.
15. After HM we had a little bit of time left to stop by US on the way out of Gary.
16. On the way back to Chicago we stopped to meet a friend at a lake on the border so one of our party members could do some fishing. Me and the other guy hiked through some bush to check out an abandoned hut we spotted on the drive up to the lake. Behind the small house we found a train yard with a bunch of derelict axles and a few overgrown train cars.
19. New phone, new camera. Decided to give it a spin at SW Park in Chicago. Started off sitting on a rock perch by the lake.
20. Cop car parked around the corner in the park, had to trudge through the bush.
24. After a long march through thick brush morale was low until I came around a corner and spotted a doorway to the inside of these massive structures. I was tired but this find reinvigorated me to find the tunnels I had seen online.
27. Took a chance and headed down this road.
28. I found them! As I walked down this long corridor sparrows swirled around me, it was beautiful.
Looking forward to logging more hours and taking more pics this summer. If anyone wants to head to Gary sometime I'm definitely going back soon. Cheers!