|Posted by natesidwesturbex|
I feel much better now... possibly allergies?
Likely, however we've had at least one member here pass from stuff they inhaled on explores. Mold and the other things that can grow in abandonments can seriously fuck you up, even if you start to feel better.
There is a thing called fungal sinusitis for example. Takes a while to develop, but it's literally your body fighting fungal spores that try to grow in your sinus cavity. Takes a long while but eventually your sinuses will swell/grow shut and require extensive surgery to fix.
ALWAYS wear a particulate mask until you are certain that there are no contaminants in the area. Stagnant air, trapped moisture, etc are a promise of at least a few varieties of nasty growing somewhere. Let alone if there is asbestos fibers you are kicking up, etc.
It is even more important (and it is already really important) if you live in an area with bats. Histoplasmosis is easy to contract and can kill the shit out of you. See the comment about the above member that passed away. 90% certain that's what he caught, but I can't remember.