Oh boy, this is sort of my thing. Here's a few:
1. My blurriest ever photo. Before I realized focusing wasn't a mental exercise only. This man "James Merry" was gored to death by a bull in 1892 while pretending to be a matador (full story here http://gloucester-...index.aspx?NID=717
2. Local witch legend Mary Nasson's stone.
3. Local witch legend Mary Nasson's top slab.
4. Grave of the unknown Confederate soldier in Gray, ME. More here (http://www.presshe...ave-mystery-grows/
). The body was supposed ot be a Union solider but was mixed up with a mystery Confederate,
5. Strange grave in Portland Maine. "The witch grave." Many inscriptions in Latin and other languages. Celtic art, a now smashed cross. References to demons in the inscriptions. Often had offerings of jewelry or burned out candles on it.
6. Grave at Ricker Basin, VT ghost town. A widowed lady buried her husband in the back yard under a tree and some quartz stones.
7. Strangely deeply depressed grave at Rutland Prison Camp. All prisoner graves around it are slightly indented, while this one must be by 3 feet. Suggestive of grave robbery which perhaps accompanied the removal of the markers.