So check it out!
Now that more Houstonians have been turned on by drains, I will share an adventure of uncharted (by explorers) Houston drains!
Astro and I have an un-quenchable thirst for drains, so we Ninja Turtled our way underground and enjoyed the sights!
Now remember... I am NO photographer. Everything I post will be from my phone. I'm not in it for the art, I'm just here to document the journey for others to see!
THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
1. The decent.
2. The way in (obviously)
3. Into the concrete river
4. If you didn't catch before... the way in.
5. Looking out an overflow opening.
6. The line of sight (and all I will see for the next 3 hours. Lol)
7. The first grate
8. The first contact with upperworld
9. Ancient civilization hieroglyphs, perhaps?
10. MORE TUNNEL...
11.These awesome dirt deposits.
16. Now for one of my favorite parts...
17. All the stalactites!!
19. We've walked about a mile by now, and all we can hear is the roar of water!
20. We arrive to a waterfall pouring out!
21. Now we play in the water!
22. The end of the line. This was the final grate we could reach.
23. Little panorama view of the last grate room!
The next part is the most fun about draining. It's kool to see all the wacky things that find their way in to the underworld.
24. Like phones. LOTS of phones.
27. Like old records
28. DOOR KNOBS
30. VHS Tapes
31. The crown jewels of the adventure!
32. And a collection of car parts so big you could build a whole one.
This drain has been named the Silver Spoon, because the one item we found the most of was silverware. PARTICULARLY SPOONS. I should have counted, but it easily could have been a hundred spoons!
Thanks for looking! I hope to see more people in the drains with us!