So I haven't posted here in forever. I signed up three years ago when I first heard about urbexing. Back then I was lazy and didn't want to get out to explore, then I had to deal with some personal stuff, but now I'm active and ready to explore! So if you're wondering why my account is so old and has so few posts that's why. I decided to check out this vacant lot since I visited it a lot as a kid with my cousin and now they're starting to build houses on it. It was my favorite spot to chill as a kid and it was nostalgic revisiting it again. It's sad that such a beautiful part of Florida is locked up and almost inaccessible.
So yeah. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them. Some are a bit fuzzy because it was bright out and I couldn't see how focused it was on my phone. But if anyone in the Tampa area ever want to go exploring with me I've got a list of places we can hit up. I just don't want to explore alone and my brother doesn't like exploring.
1. See this lock?
2. FUCK this lock.
3. The end of the river. And a dock.
4. I remember we'd used to hide behind this mound to hide from the construction workers and watch them clear and pave the land. The land's a lot more overgrown now though.
5. My brother as viewed from halfway up the mound. He was a sissy and didn't want to climb it
6. The road. Something about seeing an empty road with no signs of civilization on either side feels very eerie.
7. I thought this was picturesque. You wouldn't know there was a neighborhood nearby.
8. End of the road
9. Another nice picture
10. What's this? A secret trail?
11. Leads to a dock. Looks like someone was here before us.
12. Up towards the main river.
13. Down towards the front of the lot.
14. Hey someone left a perfectly good (and cold) beer here! I may or may not have drank it...
15. Found a field of cacti here. Nearly stepped on them
16. Final picture. The back of the lot and the main river.