I took an extremely spontaneous trip to some more rural abandonments a few days ago. It was supposed to be purely a trip to a school with a church and power plant. Reasonably sized, stained glass, seemed pretty cool. I quickly realized that there were cameras all over the road in and I dipped. I'll be back soon with a different entrance though. On the property next to it was a big mansion. With some finesse, we managed to drive right up to with out being noticed. An equestrian club had bought the property and they were actually mowing the grass around the building when I got there. I got a few shots of the outside and the preschool and left that again. Feeling defeated, I remembered a drive in movie theater I went to once that had closed. We went out there, waited for the redneck snitchin lil toddler to stop watching me and go back inside, and then hopped the fence to get inside. Nothing much and everything was locked but it was cool to see. On the way out I noticed that the power meter was running and the grass was mowed but they are shut down. Maybe just not abandoned. Then we saw an old train depot on the way back, but it sucked and it was dark so...
I'm not really happy with the photos but I don't do this style much so enjoy.
1. The modern preschool at the mansion.
2. A tower thing at the mansion.
3. The front of the mansion. It's hard to see but there's a very out of place purple sky light.
4. The drive in theater.
5. Again at the drive in. Maybe a little too much contrast but oh well.
6. At the depot, trying more textures at boring places now.
7. THE Depot. I got more pics from here but they turned out bad. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of finagling the door open to get into here but there were some plates and bowls in case anyone cared. Also a few more buildings and the usual caboose on display but they turned out bad.