Last fall, my wife and I flew to Virginia for her cousin's wedding. We had a full day to explore before the ceremony, and managed to locate an elementary school that had been abandoned since the early 1980s (according to the folks sitting outside the general store across the street).
The place had a wonderfully creepy vibe, and the little bit of sunlight trying to peek through the gathering clouds made for some eerie lighting that added to the mood. This place was a great find.
1. Windows along the front of the school.
2. The main entrance.
3. Too large to be a classroom - maybe an activity room of some kind?
4. There's something about an old broken piano that just speaks to me.
5. Different angle on the same room.
6. The main hallway.
7. Girls bathroom - the boys room was inaccessible due to debris blocking the door.
8. Some kind of storage room.
9. Another large room whose purpose we couldn't determine.
10. Looking back down the hallway.
11. This appeared to be an office or administrative area.
12. End of the line, looking back at where we started.